Nathan grew up in the Forest of Dean and studied Computer Science at the University of Cambridge. In addition to his degree subject, he would characterise his three years at Jesus College as learning how to deal with permanent sleep deprivation and wondering what this thing called “free time” was (and how one went about obtaining some). This turned out to be excellent preparation for becoming a father.
After completing his degree, he wandered around Canada for 6 months drinking coffee and apparently acquiring a “comedy Canadian accent”. He returned to Cambridge to undertake a PhD in distributed systems, although he seemed to spend most of his time partying, supervising undergraduates, administering Linux servers and representing the graduate students on Important College Committees. He did occasionally do some research, and eventually drank enough coffee that a thesis was written!
After further wanderings around
Zealand, he moved to
and finally graduated. He currently lives in
LondonTokyo, uses the term cloud
to explain to people what he does for a living, and still drinks a lot
Contact Information #
- ✉️ Email Address: web [at] toobusyto [dot] org [dot] uk
PGP/GPG Public Key: You can download it in
Please note, if I ever revoke this key I will always give a reason for doing so, unless making that reason public knowledge would be illegal.
Clubs, Societies and Recommendations #
- Mythic Beasts — excellence in web and email hosting.
- Raynes Park Residents’ Lawn Tennis Club — a friendly and welcoming tennis club.
- Monmouthshire Croquet and Lawn Tennis Club — A lovely tennis club in Penpergwym with fantastic grass courts.
- Pact Coffee — tasty coffee deliveries. Use code NATHAN-US3CIQ for a discount on your first delivery.
- Real Time Club — London-based IT dinner club.